If you are looking for career help to reinvent yourself in the marketplace, here are some things to consider. Think of employers as “buyers” of our services. Know that buyers are proactively looking to buy what they value. So as you look to reinvent yourself, how are you positioning and promoting your new services or capabilities as value to employers? Start by asking yourself these three questions:
- How is the “reinvented” you more relevant in today’s job market than the “you” you are currently offering?
- Are the new services or talents you are planning to offer being purchased today?
- How will the “reinvented” you be better equipped to solve bigger, more complex issues and contribute more to the financial success of the hiring organization?
You know you are on the path to an upgrade when you can answer these questions clearly and articulate the points succinctly.
Where can you find the answer to these questions?
- Research. Look to government sponsored websites that show demand for different career areas projected into the future.
- Ask. While you are networking, seek out people who hire and ask about the level of demand they are seeing for different skills.
- Plan. Put a plan in place to acquire the new skills needed
- Tell. Be ready to tell success stories that demonstrate your skills in the new areas.
- Market. Upgrade your social media presence to reflect your new skills. Organizations can’t buy what they aren’t aware of!
So there’s some free career help to get you to the next step. We wish the new all the best at the task of reinvention!
Follow Beth at LinkedIn.com/in/marybkelzer