Before I started blogging on LinkedIn, I heard from many naysayers that discouraged me from going forward. I heard questions like:
- Do you really want to put yourself out there like that?
- Is there any real value to blogging?
- What makes you think anyone will want to read your articles?
On one of my first articles I even heard from a troll who publicly humiliated me over my writing. This person actually had the nerve to publicly insult me over my writing skills and then try to sell me her services as an editor. Not a good approach!
Here’s my advice: Ignore the naysayers and trolls. Go BIG on LinkedIn! Your career will thank you later!
I am truly humbled to think that I could produce content that would generate with as many views as I got. Never in my wildest imagination did I think that was a possibility when I started publishing. However, that is exactly what happened a few months ago when a post went viral. Those of you in sales are familiar with the term “stretch goals,” which are goals that go beyond the actual goal. They are usually set so high that they seem unattainable. Well, 1,000,000 views was not even my stretch goal!
Publishing has lead me to make business impacting connections that have brought me leads that have turned into closed deals. Due to the exposure from publishing and sharing relevant content people now want to talk to ME. How will going BIG on LinkedIn benefit your career? Everybody’s experience will be different.
However, here are five universal positive outcomes that you can count on from going big on LinkedIn:
- Your professional network will grow substantially from new connection requests and followers.
- Your profile views and visibility will increase within your network making.
- You will become known as a thought leader within your industry and seen as a go to resource for your clients. People will begin to seek you out for your expertise.
- Recruiters will notice you and contact you with more frequency about career opportunities.
- You will generate more exposure and leads for your company due to the increased traffic to your profile.
I decided to ignore the naysayers and jumped in head first. I suggest you do the same! Take advantage of the wonderful opportunity LinkedIn has provided. Each professional has valuable information and experiences that can make an impact on others. Start putting out yours for the world to see.
LinkedIn has opened up a whole new world of business success. Will you enter it?
Follow Beth at LinkedIn.com/in/marybkelzer